- Preparation of a detailed budget estimate
This will be based on the planning drawings & will be measured on a schedule of works basis giving an elemental breakdown using current market rates.
Phelan Doyle have carried out a large number of budget forecast / tender documents in the recent months & have a current database of contractors, suppliers, rates etc.
- Attend meetings to review & advise
- Preparation of a digital Bill of Quantities / Form of Tender for tendering. This will be a detailed document setting out the quantities & specifications for the works as described by the Architect & Engineer. This will ensure that all builders are quoting on the same basis & that all items of work are included in their price. This will become the control document for tender comparison
Pricing of BOQ at tender stage to create revised budget & control document
Examine lowest tender & report back.
- Prepare & issue a Tender Report along with a Recommendation. This report will set out the results of the tenders, report on cost checks & reconcile the lowest price achieved with the Budget.
- Examine lowest tender / Negotiate with preferred Contractor & report back.
- Advise on potential Cost Savings / Value Engineering
- Advise on contractor selection
- Monthly Payments
We will attend site & examine monthly claims submitted by the builder to ensure that the builder is not overpaid during the works. Prepare & issue a recommendation for payment.
- Continued monitoring of all costs on site to ensure that Expenditure is within budget.
- 15 years experience of carrying out refurbishment / extension works (see attached summary) has produced extensive knowledge of suppliers, sub contractors, materials, alternatives etc which in turn offers cost savings to Clients. e.g. windows, joinery, tiling, kitchens, timber floors, sanitary fittings.
- Prepare a Final Account & Report.
Upon completion of the works we will assist the Architects negotiate the total cost of the project with the builder and report back to you on the Final Cost.